This Site and Services are provided "As Is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. EDC and its licensors disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. EDC does not represent or warrant that the functions or services contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. EDC does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of contents of this Site or services in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
EDC shall not be liable to you or any other party for any compensatory, punitive, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site, the Services or the contents on this Site or the performance of the Site, Services or products described on this Site, even if EDC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site or the Services or with any of these terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site and the Services.
CAUTIONARY NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
Certain statements in this Site are not historical facts and are “forward-looking” within the meaning of Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”) and Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”). Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts. The words “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “project”, “will”, “may”, “should” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements but are not the
exclusive means of identifying such statements. Forward-looking statements appear in a number of places in this Site including, without limitation, the “Investor Relations” and “Press Room” areas of the Site and within the various documents posted therein. Such Forward Looking Statements include statements regarding:
• strategies, outlook and growth prospects;
• future plans, expectations, projections and potential for future growth;
• plans or intentions relating to acquisitions;
• future revenues and performance;
• integration of our businesses, including recently acquired businesses;
• liquidity, capital resources and capital expenditures;
• growth in demand for our services;
• economic outlook and industry trends;
• developments of our markets;
• the impact of regulatory initiatives;
• our competitive strengths and weaknesses; and
• the strengths of our competitors.
The forward-looking statements in this Site are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, management’s examination of historical
operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and which are beyond our control, and we may not achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections. In addition to these important factors and matters discussed elsewhere herein, important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include:
• changes in political, social, legal or economic conditions in Russia, including significant declines in Russia’s gross domestic product (“GDP”);
• changes in the policies of the government of the Russian Federation, including the President and his administration, the Prime Minister, government ministers and their offices and the Prosecutor General
and his office;
• political, legal or economic changes in the other markets in which we operate;
• increased interest rates and operating costs, including the supply of, and the price for, steel and other commodities in Russia;
• our ability to service our existing indebtedness;
• our ability to fund our future operations and capital needs through borrowing or otherwise;
• our ability to implement successfully any of our business strategies;
• fluctuation in the supply, demand or price of oil and natural gas on the world markets;
• decreased prices of drilling services;
• our ability to obtain necessary regulatory approvals;
• changes in the regulation of oilfield services and the environment;
• competition in the marketplace;
• changes in tax rates;
• changes in accounting standards or practices;
• inflation, fluctuation in exchange rates and the availability of foreign currencies;
• the impact of general business and global economic conditions; and
• our success in identifying other risks relating to our business and managing the risks of the aforementioned factors.
The foregoing list is not exhaustive. When relying on forward-looking statements, you should carefully consider the foregoing factors and other uncertainties and events, especially in light of the political, economic,
social and legal environment in which we operate. Such forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made. Except to the extent required by law, neither we, nor any of our agents, employees or
advisors intend or have any duty or obligation to supplement, amend, update or revise any of the forward-looking statements contained in this Site.
Ownership of the copyright of the Site
The Site contains material including text, photographs and other images and sound, data, software, graphics and logos which are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. The Services, the Site and any materials contained therein, including, without limitation, text, photographs and other images and sound, data, software, graphics and logos is owned by EDC or its licensors, and is protected under copyright (including as a compilation or a database) trademark, database and other intellectual property laws of the Russian Federation and other countries, as well as by international treaties and conventions.
Use of the Site
You may only use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not link to this Site without prior written permission from EDC. You may download and print one copy of content on this Site for your personal non-commercial use, provided that you leave any copyright or trademark information intact and unchanged. You must agree to abide by all applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and with all additional copyright and trademark notices, information, and restrictions contained in any portion of the Site. Other than as specifically set out in this paragraph you may not (i) copy, reproduce, modify, alter or tamper with in any way the Site, or any portion thereof; (ii) sell, display, distribute, publish, broadcast, transmit or otherwise disseminate or transfer the Site, or any portion thereof, to any other person or entity; (iii) create derivative works of the Site; or (iv) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble (other than as specifically permitted under applicable law) any software included in the Site.
Use of hyperlinks
EDC is not responsible for the content of any other web site, including any web site through which you may have gained access to this Site or to which you may gain access from this Site. It accepts no liability in connection with any such sites or links.
Where hyperlinks to a third party’s web site are provided, this is done in good faith and in the belief that such a web site contains or may contain material which is relevant to that on this Site. Such a hyperlink does not signify that EDC has reviewed or approved of the connected third party's web site or its contents or endorses, sponsors, or is affiliated with such a web site, its owners, or its providers.
Should any part of this Site offer you the opportunity to join in or read from a forum, please be aware that any communications posted on the forum represent the views of the individual who posted such communication and are not to be taken as the views of EDC. EDC accepts no responsibility or liability for anything posted on the forum by any user of the forum and you must not use the forum to post, upload, or otherwise transmit information or pictures that are defamatory, a breach of privacy, intellectual property rights of third parties or otherwise unlawful.
Your use of this Site, and the operation of these terms and conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England, except for its rules of choice of law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this Site. By accessing this Site you expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.